Like my page

Follow me on Twitter

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Not enough day!

With one day to do so many things, which do I try to accomplish?
It's already evening and I haven't gotten a quarter of what I need to do finished!!

Writing, editing, proofing or update all things web?
Read, answer or ignore all the emails and posts?
Clean the house or pretend it's lovely and organized?
Forget about everything and pick one the books patiently waiting in my tbr pile?

I do have two days off coming soon, so I could push a few things to those days - but then those days will become too full as well. Getting everything ready for four kids to go back to school is an endless event, mostly because I need them to go with me to finish the shopping - if they would all let me just buy them black it would be so much easier because then I could fly out and do it all myself!
If you've never taken more then one child into several stores and spent the day in the car with them - then you aren't going to understand the stress involved in back to school shopping...

I have managed (between work and children) to finish a few WIP's, leaving the list of projects there at the comfortable number of four that need the most attention.

Of course I only got distracted once today (for an hour) playing with my blog template and finding something that was a whole lot less pink then the one I was using.

Which reminds me I should now get off my blog and go work a few more things so when I remember where my bed is tonight I can feel like I accomplished many things.
***
Excerpt from WIP
Book I in the Hidden Senses Trilogy
Mystic Perceptions

(unedited/unformatted)

Brent reached into his shirt, pulled out his chain and pendant. Lifting it over his head, he handed it to the crazy woman standing there, patiently holding her hand out at him.

He smirked when Reid gave her a “you’ve got to be kidding” look when she stepped in front of him. When she continued to stand there, looking at him impatiently, he leaned back and pulled his keys out of his pocket. Working the pendant off the ring, he handed it to her and leaned back again. Brent knew his partner well enough to know his blood pressure was going to spike shortly if they didn’t stop screwing around, then he was going to start yelling.

Sandy sat down behind Jac. “Ready?”

“Yeah.” Jac held up her hand, palm up. She felt something cold being lowered onto her hand. It was a chain of some sort. Closing her hand around it, she took a few deep breaths trying to find some focus.

Brent sat there waiting for one of them to say “gotcha!” When he heard Jac laugh softly, he figured it was now.

Jac shook her head. “Really, Sandy, next time please specify something they weren’t wearing during sex.” She smirked. “Cute blonde though, Brent, love the lady bug tattoo.”


No comments:

Post a Comment