Like my page

Follow me on Twitter

Friday, August 31, 2012

Guest author Olivia Hardin

Today I have the pleasure of having author Olivia Harden stop
by on her tour for Bitten Shame.


I’ve found inspiration in the weirdest places. It’s a strange thing, inspiration; and that isn’t a complaint. Without it, I would probably never have finished book 1 and certainly wouldn’t be on the verge of publishing book 3.
Depositphotos_1568003_s.jpg When I was writing Witch Way Bends it took me a bit to make my way through the first “fight” scene. I mean, having never been in any type of fight, hand-to-hand or otherwise, I didn’t have much experience to call upon. Lucky for me, that first mini-battle was short and anticlimactic. It did, however, result in a serious injury to one of the protagonists in the story. This was good though because my heroine needed to flex her magical muscles a bit.
Maybe I was worn out or emotionally strung out from writing the little battle, but when it came time for Devan to work her magic… I came up with nothing. I knew it needed to be something different but my mind was blank. How the heck would this gal who doesn’t know she’s a witch manage to draw forth her powers and heal? I mulled it over for days and days until finally, a jog through the woods got my rear end out of that bit of writer’s block. I ran into a sticky mass of spider webs and the inspiration struck me.
[…] hundreds of tiny threads moving back and forth across the gashes on Langston’s chest. Those little strands were sewing themselves into his flesh by some force unseen and they were busily closing the wounds one by one. When he was completely stitched she felt the heat within her belly ooze up through her chest and to her arms and then her hands.
While we’re talking about fight scenes, the battles in my book are extremely intimidating. I avoided that first one like the plague until my friends began to mock me for being a coward. I needed a real kick in the pants so for a full week on the drive into work I amped up Muse’s “Uprising” to max volume. If I listen to it over and over and over I can get the gist of the combat scenes mapped out in my head.Depositphotos_6661933_s.jpg
And speaking of driving into work, my most recent flash of inspiration occurred when I was on my way to my day job and some guy in a big red truck wanted to pass me. I was already driving about 10 miles over the speed limit so I wasn’t going to go any faster. I wrote an entire scene for my third book around that crazy dude waving his hands for me to move out of his way.
All this just goes to show you never know where you’ll find some inspiration. Sometimes it’ll even try to run you off the road!
~Olivia






Bitten Shame
Book 2 of the Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy
By Olivia Hardin

Genre:  Paranormal/ Romance

ISBN-10: 0615645380
ISBN-13: 978-0615645384
ASIN: B0085W2BAW

Number of pages: 232
Word Count: 52,310



Book Description:

Jill Prescott returned from self-imposed seclusion to help save her best friend Devan’s life. Throwing herself into Devan’s problems and bringing an evil organization to its knees might just be the distraction she needs to keep living without the only man she’s ever loved. Her life changed forever when she was hired to spend a week with Doc Massey.

On the day she became a vampire her youthful innocence ended, but Doc’s love rescued her from being consumed by the darkness. The shadow of that former life continues to loom over her, keeping her from realizing her own self-worth. Running from her past only brings her closer to a destiny that is inextricably connected to what she is trying to escape…

Every gift has both a reward and a price, because All of it fits…

 Author Bio:

Olivia Hardin realized early on how strange she was to have complete movie-like character dreams as a child. Eventually she began putting those vivid dreams to paper and was rarely without her spiral notebooks full of those mental ramblings. Her forgotten vision of becoming an author was realized when she connected with a group of amazingly talented and fabulous writers who gave her lots of direction and encouragement.

With a little extra push from family and friends, she hunkered down to get lost in the words. She's also an insatiable crafter who only completes about 1 out of 5 projects, a jogger who hates to run, and is sometimes accused of being artistic, though she's generally too much of a perfectionist to appreciate her own work. A native Texas girl, Olivia lives in the beautiful Lone Star state with her husband and their puppy Bonnie.


Blog:                    www.oliviahardinwriter.com

Twitter:       https://twitter.com/OliviaH_Writer



Youtube Trailer:   http://youtu.be/9I0C2V6DFUQ


Thanks for stopping by, Olivia!

1 comment: