Like my page

Follow me on Twitter

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Eternal Press Authors for Eternal Love Valentines Blog Hop and Contest


Eternal Press Authors for Eternal Love
Valentines Blog Hop and Contest!



Readers! Would you like to win free E-books from your favorite Eternal Press authors?
How?
Rules: Each time a "Hopper" leaves a comment and email address on a participating author's blog, the "Hopper gets another entry in the drawing (8 possible entries)!!

Comments will be tallied from February 14, 2013 through February 16, 2013 at midnight (eastern time). The winner will be drawn on February 17, 2013.

We've made it easy because we Love our Readers!
The list of blogs to hop to and prizes is listed at the bottom of the post.  
Good Luck!


Welcome to my Valentine's blog today!

I decided to do something relating to my book Salvation for my post today (it's one of the prizes in the blog hop) one of the main characters from the book is Jareth (a sexy pirate ghost), so I thought I'd do a little research and see how Valentine's Day was celebrated in the 1700's.  I think someone had better tell him about the changes in the last 300 years to this occasion  because I'm pretty sure Miranda isn't going to quite get it if he does what they did way back then...

In the 1700's ...

English women wrote the names of men on a piece of paper and dropped them into the water. The first paper to rise to the surface was to be their one true love. Also in the 1700's single English women would pin 5 bay leaves to their pillow to inspire dreams of their future lovers

Groups of friends would draw names from a jar. Gifts were given to the names drawn and for several days the men wore the name of their Valentine on their sleeve. The saying, "wearing his heart on his sleeve" probably came from this custom.

A valentine poem then:

The rose is red, the violet’s blue
The honey’s sweet, and so are you
Thou are my love and I am thine
I drew thee to my Valentine
The lot was cast and then I drew
And Fortune said it shou’d be you.
—Gammer Gurton’s Garland, 1784



Here's the list of authors and the prize they're offering.  Just follow the list from blog to blog. 
Remember to visit all the authors below and leave a comment and email address
for an entry to the
Eternal Press Authors for Eternal Love Valentines Blog Hop and Contest.
Good Luck!


Barbara Winkes - Winter Storm (sequel to Autumn Leaves) www.barbarawinkes.blogspot.ca
Em EpeOnly Because it was You, Gus McRaidy http://www.emeperomances.blogspot.com/
Gianna Bruno - The Journey or Hot Chocolate Kiss (winner's choice) http://giannabruno.blogspot.com
Jacqueline Paige Salvation http://jacqpaige.blogspot.com/
Leanna Harrow - Killing the Desire http://authorteasereadings.wordpress.com
Linda Hays-Gibbs - Angel in My Heart, Devil in My Soul http://www.lindahaysgibbs.blogspot.com
Maeve Alpin - Conquistadors In Outer Space http://maevealpin.wordpress.com/

Stephanie O'Hanlon - Affaire de Coeur www.stephanieohanlonwriter.blogspot.ca


Happy Valentines Day!  I hope it's filled with love, goodies and whatever your heart desires!



Jacqueline Paige
Step into a world of magic and passions. . .
All Things Paranormal

7 comments:

  1. Just stopping by to show some love ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making the rounds! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everyone is enjoying Valentines' Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great site, this is a super blog. Tell me did you do this all by yourself? I am do impressed. You can't lose with this and all the Eternal Press authors! It is such an honor knowing you.
    Linda Hays-Gibbs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ladies!

    Thank you, Linda! Yes, I do this blog and a few others in my 'free' time. I keep trying to bribe some of my kids to help out, but no luck so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Valentine post. I hope you had a great Valentine Day!

    ReplyDelete